|The Passyunk Avenue Revitalization Corporation neighborhood sidewalk cleaning program is run in coordination with the East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District and is managed by a subcontractor.
The primary focus of cleaning activities is along East Passyunk Avenue, from Federal Street to Broad Street, the location of the majority of the real estate that PARC owns and leases for commercial and residential uses. This commercial corridor is cleaned six days a week. The cleaning progam includes limited residential neighborhood cleaning. The residential area of focus addresses the sidewalks that lead to and from the Broad Street Line. See a map of the service area below.
Scope of Work
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- The normal daily schedule of cleaning is Monday-Saturday.
- Clean debris and dirt from grates and manholes
- Clean in and around planters
- The use of push brooms and shovels when necessary
- Place collected trash in city-owned trash receptacles.
Help Us Help You!
- Bag trash properly and ensure the bags are tied tightly
- You are responsible for your sidewalk and curb line - cleaning is supplemental and neighbors working together makes cleaner for everyone.
- Set trash out at the proper time, ideally the night before your scheduled collection date established by the city
- We have a limited number of recycle bins available, call our office if you need one
- Remember that your trash day is delayed by one day during Municipal Holidays.
The holiday schedule:
|January 1||New Year's Day|
|3rd Monday in January||M. L. King's Birthday|
|3rd Monday in February||Presidents' Day|
|(Varies) March or April||Good Friday|
|Last Monday in May||Memorial Day|
|July 4||Independence Day|
|1st Monday in September||Labor Day|
|2nd Monday in October||Columbus Day|
|November 11||Veterans Day|
|4th Thursday in November||Thanksgiving Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|